According to NTA or National Test Agency’s notification for National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination 2019, following eligibility criteria are supposed to be fulfilled before applying for NEET Exam. Check neet application form 2019.
Please check the following list of eligibility conditions for NEET Exam 2019.
List of NEET Eligibility criteria 2019
Age Criteria for NEET 2019 Exam
Minimum age criteria for NEET 2019 exam is 17 years. It means that before 31st of December, in the year of the admission in MBBS, candidate must be at least 17 years old.
Maximum Age for NEET candidate is 25 years. However, there are some relaxations provided to candidates of SC or ST or OBC categories.
Age limit for NEET Exam
- General – Between 17 to 25 years.
- SC/ST – Between 17 to 30 years.
- OBC – Between 17 to 30 years.
- PwD – Between 17 years to 30 years.
Educational Qualification Required for NEET 2019 Exam
For NEET application in 2019, students are required to have following education conditions fulfilled.
- Candidate must have passed 12th examination in the year of exam or before, with following subjects as necessary –
- Biology or Biotechnology
- Candidate must have passed senior secondary examination through regular studies.
- Candidates studying with distance courses, private schools and open schools shall not be eligible for NEET Exam 2019.
Check neet syllabus by nta.
Minimum marks required for NEET
For candidates appearing in the NEET exam, they need to fulfill the marks required for NEET examination.
Minimum marks required are as per following –
|Category||Minimum marks in %||Minimum Marks|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40 %||118-96|
For general candidates, the minimum mark required for NEET is 50%.
Detailed eligibility conditions for NEET can be checked at the official notification of NTA here – https://www.scribd.com/document/370868860/India-Gazette-NEET